- Corded electric lawn mower with 12 amp motor for plenty of power for mulching or bagging
- Effortless to start and maintain; produces zero emissions
- Cushioned grip and handle height adjustment for comfortable operation
- 19-inch deck size; weighs 52 pounds
- 2-year limited warranty; includes rear bag assembly and rear mulching insert
Because of the plastic body, I do baby it a bit....but that's just a reflection of how abusive I was with a gas mower. I never thought I'd own an electric mower, but I'm really happy with the convenience of not having to fill up a gas can/priming the engine/changing the oil/changing the air filter/eyeballing the fullness of the tank...and keeping track of a snaking cord in the yard isn't as inconvenient as I thought it would be.
It works as adverstised and has plenty of power. I have never subjected it to unusually thick or long grass, but it has easily handled my lawn. The bag does seem to fill to the point where clippings are being dropped out of the lawnmower pretty quickly - more quickly than I recall from my days of using a larger Craftsman gas mower some years ago, but it could be because my yard is larger than the smallish lawn I mowed as a kid. Also, it seems nearly impossible to remove the bag without dumping some clippings on the ground, so I try to empty the bag over an unmowed area when possible.
As suggested, I coated the underside with non-stick cooking spray before I first used the mower and I am able to spray the underside clean with a hose.
It seems to be well built - the wheels are not wobbly and the deck, though plastic, has a substantial feel to it, much more so than the store brand electric mower I inspected at my local big orange home store. The only area that concerns me is the power switch on the handle - it feels a bit flimsy and I am concerned it might break if I'm not careful with it.
And as for my fears of using a corded mower, it's really no big deal at all. Just make sure you start mowing closest to the outlet and move away as you mow. That prevents you from having a lot of excess cord lying about your lawn.
As for operation, the quietness - and not having to wear a bulky headset ear protector in the heat - is a great thing. The cut is good and even, and the one button height adjustment is a great feature. All in all, I highly recommend this mower. Hopefully I will not be back in two years complaining that it burned out!!
- John Deere 93112 Professional Earmuff
- John Deere Clear Safety Glasses with Two-Tone Frame #93100
- Black & Decker NPP2018 18-Volt Cordless Electric Pole Chain Saw, 8-Inch Bar
- Black & Decker NPT318 18-Volt Cordless Electric Pole Hedge Trimmer
- Dewalt DPG58-11C Reinforcer Clear Anti-Fog Protective Safety Glasses with Rubber Temple Pads
- Coleman Cable 02409 14/3 SJTW Vinyl Outdoor Extension Cord, Red, 100-Foot
- Bayco K-100 150-Foot Cord Reel
- Black & Decker GH600 Grass Hog 14-Inch 5-AMP Electric String Trimmer and Edger
- Coleman Cable 02589 12/3 Vinyl Outdoor Extension Cord with Lighted End, 100-Foot
- Classic Accessories Black Lawn Mower Cover