Earthwise 60120 20-Inch 24-Volt Cordless Electric Bag/Mulch/Side Discharge Lawn Mower [Review]

Earthwise 60120 20-Inch 24-Volt Cordless Electric Bag/Mulch/Side Discharge Lawn Mower With Removable Battery Pack
Brand : Earthwise
Model : 60120
Overall Rating :
From : 115 Reviews


The Earthwise 20in. electric lawnmowers wireless keeps your grass cut and clean, with no emissions of exhaust gases, noise and fuel cost of a gas-powered mowers. Engine: Earthwise, Cutting Height (inches): 1 3 / 4 - 3 3 / 4, Cutting Width (inches): 20, Front Tire Size (inches): 7, Rear Tire Size (inches): 8  [...]

Technical
  • Single Lever Height Control 1-3/4-Inch to 3-3/4-Inch
  • Easy On & Off Mulch Plug - Grass Catcher - Discharge Chute
  • Handle Mounted Safety Blade Control and Safety Key
  • Comfort "V" Handle, with Cushion Grip, Soft Touch Operation - with Easy Fold Handle
  • Ball Bearing Wheels - Rolls Easy - Last Longer - 7 Inch Front and 8 Inch Rear
Earthwise 60120 20-Inch 24-Volt Cordless Electric Bag/Mulch/Side Discharge Lawn Mower With Removable Battery Pack

Customer's Rating & Reviews (All-Reviews)

R. Saini ( Vancouver, BC, Canada )
I was discussing what kind of mower to buy (gas vs electric) and ended up going with electric. I do not want to deal with maintaining a container of gas in the house, and wanted to help the environment. While looking at electric cutters, I came across this model and bought the site before reading the reviews (which I almost always things before buying anything). The thought of a wire cutter * intrigued me enough to give a whirl, as was the last store on the shelf!

I took the mower home and after a quick installation, 2 minutes left on all night to write a load. The first thing you notice is that this engine is heavy! The comparable (wired) electrical model for almost half Earthwise is so heavy, but this is the price you pay to go wireless. The next day, gave it a go and was pleasantly surprised.

Pro's
1) 3-in-1 mower (bag, mulch, side shoot) - I prefer mulching myself to give the grass a healther look
2) Cordless mower with power - If you've ever used a corded mower you know the feeling of nicking your cord or hitting it completely and killing the cord...not fun!
3) Adjustable height so that you can mow to whatever length you prefer
4) Safety lever - you once you put the key/chuck into the ignition, you need to hold the lever to put the mower on, so if you let go it won't stay on
5) Removable battery - for the winter months I've got my mower in the shed, but the battery comes out and I can plug it in the garage every month to give it a charge (see final con below)
6) Battery has indicators telling you how much charge you have left

Con's
1) HEAVY! Although if this is a concern you should probably not be looking at a cordless model as I'm sure they all have extra weight
2) When I'm done mowing in mulch mode, there is a bit of grass build-up near the back where the bag shoot is. This is probably common in a lot of mulch mowers, but still needs to be pointed out
3) Battery Charging - the manual states that you should give the battery a full charge once a month, and never let it die completely. I'm not sure if not doing this will shorten the battery life, but don't want to find out either!

Conclusion
This mower does a terrific job in mowing your lawn. I can get at least 3 uses for my lawn before plugging it back into the charger. It works great, and looks good too.
......................................................

John ( PA )
This machine works very well for my small garden, I have averaged 3 cuts the cost of this summer. My yard is only 10 Acre, but I would still go to cut, and the second time to clear the grass. I do not use the attached bag, since it fills up quickly and I had to keep stopping to change the situation. I found it easier to cut once, and killed a second time. I let the grass get a little 'too high, and is still cut off from it, I have affection for a few plants I did not want.

One is that it is very heavy! It 'good to push down the hill, or flat, but when it comes to push up the hill, is a challenge and a workout!
......................................................

L. Allen ( north carolina )
Great mower. It is a little on the heavy side but that is b/c of the battery. The back wheels ended up bending but customer service is great. Shipped new wheels out free of charge. Great company.
......................................................

Jian Lung Tai ( Ventura, CA USA )
I received the product for a month. Made four cuts on a single charge, still a bit 'on the left. Although I have a small lawn. The grass was cut and cleaned (the engine is very powerful and the blade is sharp), without any aspiration of gas. With more than 500 charges in a battery, no need to worry about the replacement of the first two years. One disadvantage is that I discovered that somehow, after cutting the grass cutting bit leaking 'out of the bag. Besides this, I am very happy with this engine.
......................................................



Accessories

Related

0 comments:

 

Preview on Feedage: lawn-mower-customer-rating-reviews Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google! Add to AOL! Add to MSN
Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Netvibes Subscribe in Pakeflakes Subscribe in Bloglines Add to Alesti RSS Reader
Add to Feedage.com Groups Add to Windows Live iPing-it Add to Feedage RSS Alerts Add To Fwicki
Add to Spoken to You