Black & Decker MM875 Lawn Hog 12 Amp 19-Inch Electric Mulching Mower with Rear Bag Reviews

Black & Decker MM875 Lawn Hog 12 Amp 19-Inch Electric Mulching Mower with Rear Bag

Type : Lawn Mower
Brand : Black & Decker
Model : MM875
New Price : $435.16 $167.70 (Post-Date)

Overall Rating :
(Average 4.0/5 from 359 Reviews)
»On-Sales«

Black & Decker MM875 Overview

  [...]


Black & Decker MM875 Features
  • Corded electric lawn mower with 12 amp motor for plenty of power for mulching or bagging
  • Effortless to start and maintain; produces zero emissions
  • Cushioned grip and handle height adjustment for comfortable operation
  • 19-inch deck size; weighs 52 pounds
  • 2-year limited warranty; includes rear bag assembly and rear mulching insert

Black & Decker MM875 Reviews

Biff X ( ohioooo, USA )
Great mower, cord ruins it for me
The mower works fine. It cuts the grass evenly, with little noise, and for about 14 cents/hour (based on local electric rates). I just couldn't get past the cord troubles due to my yard layout and many obstacles. If you have a small plain yard, this mower should be fine. I decided to step up to a battery-powered mower (B&D 1836 to be exact), and after 2 mows am already satisfied with spending an extra $140. The height adjustment works great and the mower looks kinda cool. The mower itself is fine, but I couldn't get past the cord issues.
¤

Shaun ( New York )
Great for anyone who doesn't want to deal with Gas-powered hassles
I had inherited an older black and decker electric lawnmower that started up the first time I plugged it in (after being dormant in my grandfather's shed for 10 years). Every since then I have been a big fan of electric lawnmowers. Once you get past manuvering the extension cord you will find this lawnmower easy to use. The best part is that once the lawnmowing season is over you can just put it away without any sort of oil changing or servicing. Come spring time, you just pull it out again and start it up. I have used this particular model 3 times, and can say it does a great job on my lawn (a total of about 1/4 acre). The height setting is easy to use, and the bag is easy to get on and off. Other reviewers have mentioned it, so you just need to be a little careful around rocks since the bottom is made of plastic. That is the only slight drawback I see to this fine lawnmower.
¤

David Morrison ( Arlington, VA United States )
Great little mower
I have a small lawn, and am happy with the MM875 so far. I bought a 100 ft cord, which is plenty for my smallish yard. I have a steep bank for my front yard, so the lightness of the mower makes for an easy time mowing 1/2 way down the hill (and pulling back), and then pushing up the other half. This would be a pain with a gas mower.

Because of the plastic body, I do baby it a bit....but that's just a reflection of how abusive I was with a gas mower. I never thought I'd own an electric mower, but I'm really happy with the convenience of not having to fill up a gas can/priming the engine/changing the oil/changing the air filter/eyeballing the fullness of the tank...and keeping track of a snaking cord in the yard isn't as inconvenient as I thought it would be.
¤

MadeInDetroit ( Atlanta, GA )
Works as expected
I have a small or maybe average sized yard but I don't have a garage or an easy path from my backyard to my front yard, so I needed a mower light enough that I could carry it up my deck steps. That meant either electric or a push rotary mower. I wanted to be able to bag and have nice even results, so I went with electric. I am quite happy with my choice: the MM875.

It works as adverstised and has plenty of power. I have never subjected it to unusually thick or long grass, but it has easily handled my lawn. The bag does seem to fill to the point where clippings are being dropped out of the lawnmower pretty quickly - more quickly than I recall from my days of using a larger Craftsman gas mower some years ago, but it could be because my yard is larger than the smallish lawn I mowed as a kid. Also, it seems nearly impossible to remove the bag without dumping some clippings on the ground, so I try to empty the bag over an unmowed area when possible.

As suggested, I coated the underside with non-stick cooking spray before I first used the mower and I am able to spray the underside clean with a hose.

It seems to be well built - the wheels are not wobbly and the deck, though plastic, has a substantial feel to it, much more so than the store brand electric mower I inspected at my local big orange home store. The only area that concerns me is the power switch on the handle - it feels a bit flimsy and I am concerned it might break if I'm not careful with it.

And as for my fears of using a corded mower, it's really no big deal at all. Just make sure you start mowing closest to the outlet and move away as you mow. That prevents you from having a lot of excess cord lying about your lawn.

As for operation, the quietness - and not having to wear a bulky headset ear protector in the heat - is a great thing. The cut is good and even, and the one button height adjustment is a great feature. All in all, I highly recommend this mower. Hopefully I will not be back in two years complaining that it burned out!!
¤

M. McCarthy
Well Satisfied
In short, the mower works as advertised. Very simple to assemble and the height adjustment is the best I've seen on a mower. I used it to cut some fairly tall, coarse grass and it worked very well. The motor never seemed to labor and the cut was smooth. The bag was easy to attach and while a little small, held a reasonable amount of clippings. While dealing with the power cord is a bit of a pain, it is nice not to have to worry about the mower being hard to start. I am very satisfied with my purchase and would recommend this mower highly.
¤



Black & Decker MM875 Accessories

Black & Decker MM875 Related Products

4 comments:

Unknown said...

my rating for this electric mower is 4/5 stars. It was a good mower.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
willam said...


Used lawn movers for sale
at our online website provides you great deal and meant for the segment that don't want new tool of this category.

DevBatch Inc said...

?m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that?s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.
best lawn mower

 

Preview on Feedage: lawn-mower-customer-rating-reviews Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google! Add to AOL! Add to MSN
Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Netvibes Subscribe in Pakeflakes Subscribe in Bloglines Add to Alesti RSS Reader
Add to Feedage.com Groups Add to Windows Live iPing-it Add to Feedage RSS Alerts Add To Fwicki
Add to Spoken to You